As a regulated platform, we need to confirm the identities of all directors and persons with significant control of your company, and their eligibility to raise finance on our platform.
To do this, we process Know Your Customer and credit checks with our third-party providers such as Creditsafe, Experian, and Trulioo. In addition to these checks, we share the directors' details with our third-party payment provider, Stripe.
Know Your Customer checks are to confirm identities and credit checks are to confirm there aren't any outstanding CCJs or bankruptcies on any of the company directors and persons with significant control. Our compliance team will get in touch if they need additional details. In the case where past CCJs and bankruptcies are flagged, our Compliance Team will follow up with you to request further information.
Persons of significant control are those who fit any of the following criteria:
- Own at least 25% of the company shares
- Control at least 25% of the company's voting rights
- Are directly responsible for a significant segment or activity of the company, i.e.: Chairman of the board, CFO, CEO, COO
- Control or contribute to at least 25% of the company's finances
- Have direct control and/persuasion over significant proportions of primary business activities
What documents should be provided?
We accept the following for proof of ID:
- Current signed passport (all four corners and the signature must be showing)
- Current photocard driving licence - Paper documents and provisional/learner licenses not accepted (only if not used for proof of address)
- National identity card bearing a photograph (both sides)
We can accept the international versions of any of these documents. Please upload a clear photograph of your document, which shows all four corners of the photograph page.
Please note, that in order to verify your proof of identity document, we will need to see:
- Your full legal name
- Your full date of birth
- The full document number
- The expiry date of the document