Every pitch is different, there is no data to suggest there is an optimum amount or percentage of lead investment that contributes to funding success overall. However, as a general rule, the more you can line up before and during the raise, the higher your chance of funding. Lead investment is only one part of a successful pitch promotion strategy. View our 7 steps to funding success for more insight.
Articles in this section
- Do people drop out in the 7 day cooling off period?
- Do I need risk warnings on newsletters and emails? Where do I find this?
- Do rewards make a difference and what should mine be?
- How does overfunding work?
- How should I set my valuation?
- How do I apply for SEIS and EIS tax relief with HMRC?
- Can you recommend a video producer?
- What is the right amount of lead or cornerstone investment to bring to your pitch?