The effectiveness of rewards depends on the type of business. They may help upsell investors to the next reward tier, but are not a requirement. They should be set in line with the overall strategy of the business, e.g. discounts to acquire new customers or to reward existing customers. We don’t recommend that you give away free products, as this will devalue the product/service. Rewards for larger investments could be ‘money can’t buy’ rewards such as a management dinner, exclusive invite to a party or pre-launch of a product.
Articles in this section
- Do people drop out in the 7 day cooling off period?
- Do I need risk warnings on newsletters and emails? Where do I find this?
- Do rewards make a difference and what should mine be?
- How does overfunding work?
- How should I set my valuation?
- How do I apply for SEIS and EIS tax relief with HMRC?
- Can you recommend a video producer?
- What is the right amount of lead or cornerstone investment to bring to your pitch?