Options give someone an opportunity to acquire shares in your company at some point in the future. Companies often give employees options as a way of incentivising and retaining them. You should include any options as a line in your cap table to ensure that the future issue of shares under those options does not dilute investors.
Articles in this section
- Raising finance through equity
- What is equity crowdfunding?
- Can I apply to raise finance on Crowdcube?
- Can I raise money from outside the UK?
- Why should I raise finance on Crowdcube?
- What fees does Crowdcube charge?
- How much can I raise?
- Can I raise finance to pay off existing company debts?
- How should I set my valuation?
- How much equity should I offer?