If shares are disposed of at a loss, the investor can elect that the amount of the loss, less Income Tax relief given, can be set against income of the year in which they were disposed or, on income of the previous year instead of being set off against any capital gains.
Articles in this section
- Will receiving a reward for my investment affect EIS?
- What is equity crowdfunding?
- How can I make a return on my investment?
- How many exits have there been from equity investments made through Crowdcube?
- What are the risks of investing in equity crowdfunding?
- Am I protected as an investor?
- Are the investments I make on Crowdcube covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme?
- What is Crowdcube's equity crowdfunding due diligence process?
- Can Crowdcube give me advice on what to invest in?
- What is your complaints procedure?