When you invest in equity you buy a percentage or share of a business in the hope that the value of that company will increase over time. Hopefully the business you have backed goes on to make an ‘exit’ at a higher value than when you invested, and you will get a return on your investment and make a profit. Please be aware, investments of this nature carry risks to your capital.
Articles in this section
- Will receiving a reward for my investment affect EIS?
- What is equity crowdfunding?
- How can I make a return on my investment?
- How many exits have there been from equity investments made through Crowdcube?
- What are the risks of investing in equity crowdfunding?
- Am I protected as an investor?
- Are the investments I make on Crowdcube covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme?
- What is Crowdcube's equity crowdfunding due diligence process?
- Can Crowdcube give me advice on what to invest in?
- What is your complaints procedure?