Firstly, the company must have been trading for 4 months.
- The company will then prepare all the necessary paperwork following a successful funding round. They will then make a list of investors who are interested in receiving tax relief, and then send this information to HMRC. This process can take up to 6 weeks
- Once the certificates are with HMRC it will be approximately 6-8 weeks before they are sent to the company to sign
- Once signed the company will then send the certificates to you by post
- You can then claim any relief you are eligible for by sending the ‘claim form’ section of the SEIS3 or EIS3 form to HMRC
- If you are not in a position to send the claim form, the documentation you are sent will direct you on alternative ways to claim your tax relief
If you change your postal address, please contact us so we can ensure your certificate is sent to the correct address.
You can find more information on how to claim EIS or SEIS on your investment once you have received your certificate here.